How to get to Heatherton on Ironman Wales race day
We just LOVE the buzz Ironman Wales brings to the local area and we are delighted to say Heatherton is OPEN as normal on Sunday 15th September!
We'd love to see you, whether it's for an action-packed day out or a refreshment break while you're out supporting the athletes.
It's actually a brilliant day to visit as the park is likely to be quieter than usual!
The only thing to note is the alternative route due to the Ironman road closures...
Getting to Heatherton on Ironman day
Coming from the M4/Carmarthen?
• When you reach Kilgetty roundabout, take the 1st exit signposted Tenby and the A478,
• Follow the road for approximately 3 miles until you see a right turn signposted Devonshire Drive (there will also be a Heatherton direction sign),
• Follow Devonshire Drive for about 2 miles, entering the temporary one way system,
• At the end of the one way system turn right, signposted Heatherton,
• We are a 1/4 mile on your right hand side - look out for our big blue signs!
Coming from Pembroke/Haverfordwest?
• From Pembroke follow the A477 to Kilgetty roundabout and take the 3rd exit, signposted Tenby and the A478,
• Then follow the instructions above.
Coming from Tenby?
• The B4318 from Clickett Lane/the bottom of Heywood Lane (going through Gumfreston) is open as normal.
You'll also find full road closure information and maps on the Ironman website at bit.ly/IMWRoadClosures
The perfect stop-off for refreshments
We're a perfect stop-off point for a cuppa and bite to eat if you're out supporting the athletes on the cycle route - we're a 2 minute walk from the St. Florence crossing point which is always a popular spot for cheering the cyclists on.
If you need any further help or if you get stuck with directions on the day, don't hesitate to give us a call on 01646 652000.
And don't forget...you can SAVE 10% by purchasing your Heatherton credit passes online in advance!
See you soon, and best of luck if you're taking part!